Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

Slam poem

I am me, You are you
Do not be someone you can’t be
I can’t change just for you so why change for me
You are you and I am me.

Slam Poetry is a type of competition where people read their poems after performing, The judges can be anyone: they don't even need to be poets! Scores are awarded based on how much each judge likes a poem.

Example:
l am poetry is based on the free verse styles of the Beat poets like Alan Ginsberg, and on the poems of the Negritude movement which was led by black French-speaking poets. The Negritude movement focused on experiences of discrimination and oppression; slam poetry often focuses on political and social issues as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about